Check out what the Media Center's interns are up to: Videos! Editing! Office Assistance!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

'cause i get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs

Thanks to Edo and Wes, that song has been playing on repeat in the Classroom for the past two weeks. Not repetitive. At all. It's not like I have any other choice, however, because I either have to suffer through that or turn to the Media Center headphones, which rank pretty high on the uncomfortable scale to say the least.

Anywho, last week I mostly filmed + edited my how-to project. I'm covering cable-wrapping, and it's turning out to be more of a how-not-to than a how-to, since most of my examples include the wrong way to go about it. I finally learned how to speed things up in Final Cut, it's quite an accomplishment. It really is. For the past few weeks, there has been an editing class for middle schoolers, and just the other day, they had a viewing of all their Final Cut-produced work for the parents. I helped out by running the DVD player during the viewing. So resourceful. Anywho, the kids knew how to do so many more things than I did on Final Cut, like speeding things up and turning the footage sepia and it was just absurd. I definitely feel that sense of accomplishment kicking in now that I know how to speed things up.

Speaking of speeding things up, this summer just flew by. Our awkward learning-how-to-use-the-camera tutorials that happened way back when seem like they were just yesterday. I've learned so much and enjoyed every part of this internship, from being called a pedophile on a daily basis, to staying 'til 10 at the Media Center by myself on a Friday night. All I can say is thank god for motion sensors. Needless to say, being alone in a big dark building is not something I prefer doing. Especially since I just saw "The Happening" the other day. Yiiikes.

I'll miss Danielle :( and all of the other interns, since it's my last day as well. Leaving for college in one day. Sort of scared. Nott gonna lie.

No comments: